Oligozoospermia is the term which is given for the low sperm count where a male has less than 15
million sperm per milliliter of semen .Some of the common problems include problems with low sperm
count and problems with sperm quality, low sperm count amount to making pregnancies unsuccessful.
Various problems could arise with both men and women becoming fertile. The test which could be of
help is semen analysis where the semen sample is analyzed and checked for quantity and quality.
Availability of results usually takes less than weeks. Further, you can consult your general physician
for help and fertility-related issues. Pharmacies deliver male fertility home testing kits . Tests provide
accurate information about sperm count. The limit for the low sperm count is 20 million sperm per milliliter
of semen. In the market, we should always seek kits that check the number of sperm and also its motility.
The test aims to measure sperm count. This self-test kit is to be used safely and involves home
Some of the prevalent causes of low sperm count include-
• Imbalance in hormones, hypogonadism is a medical condition.
• Klinefelter syndrome also results in low sperm count.
• Undescended testicles
• damage being done to the tubes that carry sperm because of the medical condition and injury
or sometimes tubes are absent since birth.
• STDs such as Chlamydia, gonorrhea, and prostatitis
• Veins that are enlarged are another cause
• Surgery to the testicles.
• Overheated testicles.
• Consumption of liquor, smoking, and drugs that causes impairment
• Use of medications, testosterone replacement therapy, anabolic steroid use, chemotherapy, use
• Obesity is another cause.
Some of the common treatments include-
✓ Having sex frequently
✓ Less use of liquor and no smoking
✓ Maintaining body shape, regular exercise, and a wholesome diet.
✓ IVF- Invitro fertilization is another treatment procedure.
✓ ICSI(Intracytoplasmic sperm injection)
✓ Donor insemination is another technique
✓ Medication such as gonadotrophin.
With access to